What are haemorrhoids?
Haemorrhoids are small swellings that contain enlarged blood vessels. They develop inside or around the bottom. They often don’t cause symptoms and you may not even realise you have them. However, if you do experience symptoms they may include:
- Bleeding after passing a stool (poo)
- Itchy bottom
- A lump hanging outside of the anus that may need to be pushed back into the anus after pooing
- A mucus discharge
- Soreness, redness or swelling around the anus
What causes haemorroids is unclear, but increased pressure in the blood vessels in and around the anus is associated with the condition. The pressure causes the blood vessels in the back passage to swell and become inflamed. This pressure can be caused by straining on the toilet due to constipation or chronic diarrhoea. Other factors that may cause haemorrhoids include: Being overweight or obese, age, being pregnant, having a family history of haemorrhoids, regularly lifting heavy objects, a persistent cough or repeated vomiting, sitting down for long periods of time.
Contains added hydrocortisone to reduce inflammation and ease the discomfort of internal and external piles (haemorrhoids). It also contains other active ingredients that calm irritation and soothe the itching associated with piles.
Contains active ingredients that soothe itching, shrink piles and prevent bacterial growth which can promote healing
For adults over the age of 18 years.
How to use Anusol Ointment?
Anusol Plus HC Ointment is for topical use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area.
- Wash the anal area and dry gently with a soft towel before using the medicine.
- There is a nozzle supplied with the product which can be used to apply the ointment into the back passage (anus).
- For external piles – after washing and drying the affected area, the ointment should be applied using a gauze dressing.
- For internal piles – after washing and drying the affected area, screw the nozzle provided onto the tube, remove the nozzle cap; insert the nozzle into the back passage and squeeze gently. Clean the nozzle after each use.
- Remove plastic cover from the suppository before use
- Wash your hands before and after using Anusol.
There are no reviews yet.