Important to know about methylphenidate
- Methylphenidate makes you pay more attention. It also improves your mood.
- With ADHD (you are easily distracted, more busy and do things without thinking). Also with narcolepsy (you often have to sleep during the day while you have had enough sleep). Sometimes in people on their deathbed, to reduce the drowsiness due to strong painkillers and to improve the mood.
- Extended-release tablets and capsules: take in the morning. Methylphenidate works after 1 to 2 hours. Check the label to see if you should take it before, during or after breakfast. Swallow whole, without chewing.
- Extended-release tablets work for 12 hours. Extended-release capsules 8 hours.
- Have you been using methylphenidate for a few weeks? Then don’t stop all at once. Decrease it slowly in consultation with your doctor or pharmacist.
Note: Abuse of methylphenidate may lead to dependence. Tell our healthcare professional if you or your child has had problems with alcohol or drugs. Keep Concerta in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse.
There are no reviews yet.